Careers at MDoutlook®
Business Development Specialist
MDoutlook is a leading precision intelligence company. Delivering your success through actionable precision intelligence, powered by meaningful engagement of ThoughtLeaders and Clinicians. To support our rapid growth, we have a direct opportunity for Business Development Specialist to strengthen our team.
The ideal candidate is a motivated, organized, and creative individual who welcomes the challenges of building a career path in business development. Initially by supporting client acquisition, business development and sales efforts. Increasingly exposed to building successful customer relationships, identifying business opportunities, and closing business deals while maintaining an extensive knowledge of current market conditions. Rapidly increasing responsibilities, including building a personal book-of-business, are highly encouraged and championed.
Play a vital supportive role within our strategic development team and be exposed to working across our business and with clients. This will include maintaining our commercial CRM to reflect our pipe activity and prospective pipeline. Plays an important role by working closely with our Marketing Director on strategic planning and communication initiatives to prospects.
This is an internal role, based in our Atlanta offices, that focuses on coordinating information to support one, or multiple, groups throughout the organization in various stages of multiple projects. The role requires developing skills and learning the basics of the healthcare industry and company processes as well as anticipation, attention to detail and ability to multitask-moving from project to project. This individual must be able to respond quickly and to establish solid partnerships and trust with colleagues, vendors, and clients. Remote working is available.
- Sales, Market Research, Marketing and Life Sciences
- Customer Orientation, Creativity, Team Player, Tactful
- People Skills, Able to Manage Deadlines and Multi-Task,
- Excellent Communication Skills, Tech-Savvy, Consulting, Strategic Insight
Main responsibilities include:
- Support the organization and strategic (business) development teams in a client and project focused support capacity
- Ready deliverables for clients via producing, formatting, and editing client proposals, mostly in PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Support preparation for business meetings, pitches, presentations using PPT, Word & Excel
- Maintain and update adequate records of client and prospect interactions in CRM
- Act as a first-line liaison for client inquiries and questions
- Maintain professional interaction with clients / prospects (phone, email) helping foster long-term and fruitful relationships, acting as a first-line liaison for client inquiries and questions
- Work with clients through to final approved contract of their submitted SoW documents
- Recognize opportunities for new business and present these internally; explore areas for cross-sell and upsell to clients
- Attend BD meetings and project planning meetings as needed to provide updates, and gain an understanding of the process followed by MDoutlook
- Conduct research to support specific strategic business development plans; support full internal understanding of client needs
- Assist the company in executing its marketing plans
- Business, Communications or Life Sciences degree at Bachelor or Graduate level
- Minimum of 2-year experience in developing and delivering client deliverables, preferably with a consultancy or marketing services company
- Expert skills with PowerPoint and Excel as well as other office suite products
- Experience in life sciences is strong plus; experience with graphic design is plus
- Strong communicator, client focus, active driving personality, attention for detail, team player
Reports: To EVP Strategic Development
FLSA Status: Exempt, full-time
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
Equal Opportunity Employer