Having revealed the top attributes for successful leadership in ImmunoOncology, MDoutlook’s latest release reveals that specific commercial and marketing activities influence about 25% of oncologists’ leadership criteria.
As important criteria for steering successful leadership reputation, oncologists rated the following specific commercial and marketing activities in order of impact.
- Length of time in market
- Corporate reputation
- Medical educational activities
- Patient access (affordability and availability)
- Patient support programs
- Supportive tools / services for healthcare professionals
- Promotional educational activities
- Sales representatives and MSLs
- Supportive digital health solutions
Subtle geographical differences were observed. US oncologist favored “longevity”, “corporate reputation” and “patient access (affordability / availability) to treatments”. EU based oncologists stressed more importance on “medical educational activities” and “supportive tools and services for healthcare professionals”.
To gain richer insight and understanding for your organization and your competitors, we analyzed performance by each attribute based on oncologist perspectives with their chosen life science companies. Get in touch to find out how your company and your competitors performed.
In a future release, we will explore specific attributes revealing company performance and opportunity.
About the study
The 2019 Leadership Study was conducted with 100 oncologists across US and EU using MDoutlook’s proprietary ONCpulse™ service.
The research objectives were to:
- Define the meaning of “corporate leadership” to the oncology community
- Reveal the leaders in oncology and ImmunoOncology (IO) and to compare / contrast how companies are evaluated by oncologists
- Assess current drivers & barriers to ImmunoOncology treatment use and identify what oncologists would like to see improved by corporate leaders in the IO space
Please contact us if you wish to be included in the distribution of the study.