In our latest annual series exploring corporate leaders in oncology (in oncology and IO), oncologists shared their views to reveal BMS (and Celgene), Merck & Co and Roche / Genentech as dominant in oncology and ImmunoOncology.
Today’s corporate leaders dominated in 2019 with oncologist preferences showing consistency in their ranking companies (year on year) with one notable change as Pfizer dropped out the 2020 top 3 leaders in EU oncology.
Oncologists chose to rate corporate leadership across a greater number of companies in oncology compared to a tighter list of companies they rated in ImmunoOncology.
Leadership was determined through triangulation of three robust approaches. IO corporate leadership patterns were more distinct with clear leaders (compared to oncology) across tumor types.
- BMS ranked first in IO tumor types including AML, Hodgkin’s lymphoma, Multiple myeloma, HCC, Pancreatic, Kidney, Melanoma and Head & Neck cancers
- Roche / Genentech was rated top in B-cell lymphomas, Breast (including HER2+, HR+ & TN), Bladder and SCLC
- Merck & Co made IO pole position in Colorectal, NSCLC and Prostate cancer
Around half of US (50%) and EU (58%) oncologists view corporate leadership in IO broadly, and the other half view corporate leadership by individual tumor types.
Our next post will explore attributes oncologists viewed as driving successful corporate leadership.
About the Study
The 2020 Corporate Leadership Study was conducted with 100 oncologists across US and EU using ONCpulseTM agile research solution. ONCpulseTM answers today’s questions tomorrow through global access to 130,000+ experts and treaters in oncology, hematology and complex rare diseases.
The objectives of the research were to:
- Define the meaning of ‘corporate leadership’ to the oncology community
- Reveal the leaders in oncology and ImmunoOncology (IO) to compare/contrast how companies are evaluated by oncologists
- Assess current barriers and drivers to ImmunoOncology treatment use and identify what oncologists would like to see improved by corporate leaders in the IO space
Want to find out more? Click here to get your copy of the 2020 Corporate Leadership report and keep reading to find out how we can help you engage with the top oncology leaders.
How MDOutlook connects leaders in oncology with pharmaceutical brands through ThoughtLeader activation and precision intelligence:
What are Leaders in Oncology?
Oncology leaders specifically, are highly influential in the oncology space and can help promote new treatments and therapies to patients and physicians. Oncology leaders typically have a deep understanding of the oncology landscape and are well-connected with key opinion leaders (KOL’s) in the space. As such, they can play a pivotal role in helping to shape public perceptions of new treatments and therapies.
Oncology leaders can be an important part of a company’s marketing strategy and can help to generate buzz around new products. Oncology leaders can also help companies to connect with key opinion leaders in the oncology space who can provide valuable insights into the latest treatment trends and developments.
Oncology Leader Mapping
Oncology leader mapping is an important tool that allows companies to identify and target these key influencers in specific disease states. Oncology leader mapping allows for a targeted search of influencers, based on factors such as geography, institutions, formularies, and level of influence. This enables companies to find the best matches for their brand based on loyalty towards other treatments and the overall level of influence within a particular disease state.
Oncology Leader Engagement
If you’re looking to engage leaders in oncology for your brand, it’s important to make sure you’re targeting the right individuals. Here are three key questions to ask:
- Does the leader in oncology currently influence formularies, treatment algorithms, institutions, networks, and other health care professionals? Are you able to measure the reach of their influence?
- Do oncology leaders also appear at the top of peer nomination lists?
- Are your selected leaders in oncology gaining prominence? Are these at the top of their field, region, locality, or institution? Are they on the decline?
Answering these questions can help ensure you’re engaging the most relevant and influential oncology leaders for your brand.
We breed client confidence as a leading precision intelligence company through winning solutions and team expertise. Let’s discuss your and your team’s future leadership success. Take the next step to arrange a meeting using the calendar link or contact us today at [email protected] or call +1.404.496.4136.